Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Post! (The Proposal!)

Hello!
My first blog entry! (how exciting?!)
It was Christmas morning on a warm day in Florida! People who were there: Jon (Dave's dad), Lynnette (Dave's mom), Emily (Dave's sis)and her husband Will, Jonny (Dave's bro) and his wife Stephanie, and Dave's neice and 3 nephews.
We were all sitting around taking turns opening presents. I gave Dave a new camera, the Canon 50D! He gave me an iTunes gift card. Everyone was done opening presents and I got this note that said:
"Dear Cassie, I accidentally left a carrot at the house last night. Will you please find it for me? It should be somewhere on the tree, it must have fallen out of my pocket. Thanks! Love, Santa. Merry Christmas!"

So I got up and looked, and looked, and looked.

It took seriously 10 minutes, just moving back and forth around the tree. I really couldn't find it! So finally, Dave gave me a hint and pointed a flashlight DIRECTLY at it, and I still couldnt find it! Then Jonathan pointed it out and I saw it! Beautiful! He took the ring off the branch of the tree, got down on one knee and said "will you marry me?" I answered, "Yes!" and he said "Promise?!".


It was really funny that he would ask "promise", that's a total "Dave thing" to do! Anyway, we're very excited and can't wait to be married in the temple!

Thats a picture of the ring in the tree! No wonder I couldn't find it!!
Well, as of now we have only picked our wedding colors. They are Aqua, Gray and Hot Pink! They sound funny, but look awesome togther!
We are still deciding on a date, it's very difficult to make everyone happy!

It was a very Marry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. SO sweet. He's lucky you didn't notice the ring before. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!! So happy to hear the news. Congratulations from Glenn and me.
    The Singleys

    ReplyDelete